Read to Know have been selected as one of the District Administration magazine's "Readers Choice Top 100
Products of 2011"
Read press release here.
A dynamic way to boost reading skills and build background knowledge across the curriculum
WHAT IS READ TO KNOW?
Read to Know is a weekly online news magazine for schools. The Read to Know program engages and challenges students with fascinating non fiction stories that change every week. Studdnts read these stories online, then take a comprehension quiz and answer inferential questions after each story.
"It's great for building background knowledge and literacy skills. The materials provide differentiated learning and are accessible to all my students — mainstream, ELL, special ed, and struggling readers."
— Carol Renca
Edmunds Middle School, Burlington, VT
WHAT YOU GET:
- ACCESS FOR YOUR ENTIRE SCHOOL
- New non-fiction articles every week
- Online content appropriate for your students
- Web link for follow-up reading and research
- Full access to archived stories
- Improves literacy by building background knowledge and vocabulary
- Helps develop analytical and critical thinking
- Includes both formal and informal assessment
- Boosts student achievement levels
- Adult Education teachers
For grades 5 and up
Subscriptions and site licenses cover the entire school, with no extra charges for number of students or teachers using the program. Click HERE for current prices.
Read to Know aligns with
common core standards